HOW IT STARTED
Born in Germany from Chinese-Indonesian parents and raised in the Netherlands, I have always been fascinated by other cultures and its customs. In fact, I didn’t feel connected to only one particular culture and was drawn by the diversity of people and their origin.
With the knowledge and insights I had collected over the years, I was determined to dive deeper into the ins and outs of human behavior in general and the influence of the cultural and social environment. This explains my bachelor’s degree in Social Work.
At the age of 23, I was also looking for answers regarding my own family to unravel patterns and beliefs that were passed on through generations. I felt an inevitable urge to look into our family history. Followed by “aha’-moments, I was finally able to understand on a deeper level what caused the invisible wounds and the – hidden – emotional pain I witnessed.
At the same time I believed that being strong meant not feeling and rejecting unwanted emotions, and chose to surround myself with the more outgoing male energy to harden myself to what I thought as a weakness. So, I took a job at a software company to immerse myself in marketing and sales strategies. For over 11 years I kept myself busy in the IT industry.
Still being the undercover social worker, I had already learned to adapt and adjust my behavior to the male energy dominated culture, while hiding protecting my sensitive, and more “feminine” side.
Fast forward: it wasn’t until 2007, the year I got pregnant with our son, that I became aware of the need to remove my own “mask and armor” and start living a life in peace. For our son’s sake I had to stop the inner war. I had to create a safe and loving space for him to let him grow as the human being he chooses to be.
So here I am.
Dedicated to encourage and support you in your journey to become the person you choose to be.
MORE ABOUT ME
Education & Career in short
- Bachelor’s Degree: Social Work
- Over 11 years of business experience in Marketing & Communications Management and Strategy and Account Management
- Educated in teaching (Healing) Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation, and Yoga Nidra. Also completed 30,5 hours of training in Trauma Sensitive Yoga with the Trauma Center Yoga Program
- Serial entrepreneur since 2007
- Journal Therapy diploma
- For more details feel free to connect on LinkedIn.
- Intrigued by patterns & circles in life and geometry
- Passion for graphic design and japandi
- Fan of Star Wars, Marvel and DC (Yes, also a Jedi wannabe and awakening my inner Avenger…)
- Sherlock Holmes was a nickname, but also pittbull and Cola Kid
- Dim Sum lover
- I love reading but tend to buy too many books (mostly non-fiction)